Saturday, June 18, 2011

Would my sons school have accident insurance to cover repairing the tooth he broke at school?

A boy at my sons school knocked him down and caused my son to chip his tooth on this boys head. As a dental assistant, I know what will need to be done to repair the tooth. Of course, my boss would do the work for free, but I don't feel that he should have to pay for the cost of the materials. I have been told that schools have accident insurance to cover things like this. Is that true?
--------------------
I don't see why the school should be responsible for something an individual child did. I would handle the situation with the other boy's parents IF the child knocked him down on purpose. Accidents happen (which I realize is why people have accident insurance), but if the school wasn't being negligent, I don't see bothering with getting the school to pay for it. Besides, can you imagine all the red tape you'd get tangled in trying to get the insurance to cover it?
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment