Monday, June 20, 2011

Help! Dont know what to do about a high dental bill?

Oh my goodness. Ok, wasnt using my head when I went to see this dentist about a broken filling I had. Well, I went outside my network of dentists on my insurance plan. I go into his office and he only gives me one option for a filling and proceeds to start prepping my tooth for this filling. Turns out, it was the most expensive filling he offered. On top of that I havent received a bill yet and the nurse just told me that the approximate amount was going to be $1,087. She says I have to pay everything up front when I come in to have the filling placed in my mouth. Right now I have a temporary and I asked if I could go with another kind of filling, she tells me it's too late. They have already taken the impression of my tooth and I have to pay for the whole thing. I feel like I was taken advantage of. What do I do?
--------------------
WOW!! Over a thousand for a filling. Call another dentist for another opinion. That sounds like a really outrageous amount of money for that procedure. Best of luck to you. If you have a temporary filling in your mouth, well, it is kinda like having braces and going to another dentist to have them removed. They usually will not remove the braces because it is a sign that you did not pay the dentist that put the braces on the the first place.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment