Monday, June 20, 2011

I have a bridge of 4 teeth. After a year or so a 2 millimeter gap opened between my tooth and the bridge?

I am middle aged, so the reason may have something to do with aging. It makes my smile kinda spooky, beside sometimes my skin get clipped in the gap, which hurts and pretty embarrassing, too. A dentist told me that enamel would help, with the cost of $800 or more. What are the solutions to make the gap disappear? Are there any less expensive ways to do it? (I have no dental insurance)
--------------------
I am kind of confused too. Is there a smooth transition from the crown to the tooth, and there is just divets or scooping effect under the tooth? If so, the dentist can use Glass Ionomer (best material) or Resin (looks the best). Those usually run the same as a 3 surface filling. Is it a gap at the margin of the crown and the tooth? If so, 2mm is really large, I would not attempt to repair that at all, but if your dentist thinks it is o.k. to do a repair there are a few options they could use. Amalgam, gold foil, or glass ionomer are all options you can use and they will be the same as a 2 surface filling. Sorry I don't know how much your dentist charges for those, so I don't want to give you a number that might be higher or lower.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment