Monday, June 20, 2011

Should I keep my Medical Insurance? It seems too expensive to keep and I'm healthy?

I pay almost $200 a month for medical insurance through my employer. It covers medical, vision and dental. But I'm a healthy 24 year old female. The only thing I use it for is birth control, which I'm paying too much for through the insurance. If I went to planned parenthood, I could get it for a tenth of what I'm paying now. I don't plan on getting pregnant in the next 5 years (I know accidents happen). But what if I were to save that $200 a month and put it in a savings account and save it for any medical expenses. What do you think? Even if I have a horrible accident, I could tap into that medical expense savings account. If I'm going to be paying $200 a month for the rest of my life, why couln't it just go towards medical bills, instead of medical insurance?
--------------------
health-quotes.talk4fun.net - my family have this health insurance. It is affordable and has good coverage for dental issues.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment