Friday, June 17, 2011

What do you know about CEREC dental technology?

I had one dentist tell me that I need 4- ¾ crowns and it's going to cost me $1562.00 I thought that was a little pricy so I went to another dentist and they told me that I only need one Onlay/Inlay and it's going to cost $342.00 They dentist that is going to charge less uses CEREC technology to make the Onlay/Inlays in the office while you wait. I've heard that this method is a little more difficult and if not done just right can cause some more problems in a couple years. With such a HUGE price difference I'm not sure if the 1st dentist is trying to rip me off or if the 2nd dentist just didn't see everything the first guy saw? They both took several x-rays and did cleanings so they both should have seen the same problem? The price quoted is after my dental insurance.
--------------------
Well, I know that CEREC is a brand of CAD/CAM machines. CAD: computer aided design CAM: computer assisted milling so basically these suckers take a digital image of your teeth and crown prep, and then design and mill a crown right there for you. I don't know that either method is more difficult, they are just different. If you feel good about the DDS who uses CEREC, you should be able to get your work done with that and it should be fine. Whatever your DDS does, he is putting something in your mouth that he wants to be proud of. He doesn't want you cursing his name every time you take a bite and your crown hurts. So whichever method/DDS you go to, you should get a great result. good luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment