Friday, July 1, 2011

Health Insurance Coverage question?

If you are married and on your husbands insurance policy and youve been seperated for a while ( seperated because he cheated multiple times) and you become pregnant by your boyfriend, does the husband's insurance policy cover your prenatal care?? I am still his dependent and in my state you are unable to get a divorce while pregnant so it cant happen until after the baby is born (then they make you do an DNA test) But our policy is paid every month and I am still able to use it because we are married, ive been using it for dental and I had to have a routine check-up before I had been pregnant...so his policy should still cover me because I am his dependent correct? I understand the policy will no longer cover me after the divorce though.
--------------------
Yes, the insurance would cover you, and your prenatal/birth care. Most states don't recognize "seperation". Either you are married, or you aren't. Also, no state that I know of, will let a pregnant woman get divorced until the baby is born. So, you're married. Coverage applies.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment