Friday, July 1, 2011

How much should I be paying for a family health insurance plan?

I am a teacher in Massachusetts making approx. $48,000. My husband lost his job and is back in college full-time, and we have two children. My work health insurance family plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield and another carrier (to cover the Blue Cross deductible) including dental will cost $143.00 a week this year, $572 A MONTH! (We have co-payments 15.00 for office visits, 50.00 for hospital, and dental covers cleanings and 60% of other services.) Realize I only bring home $600 a week, so in effect I am losing an entire paycheck each month to health insurance. We don't even spend this much in groceries each month, and our monthly rent is $800. Is this amount average? Can I look elsewhere for insurance if my work offers this plan? I feel like I am budgeting the rest of my life away, but health insurance just keeps going higher and higher...
--------------------
You can easily check your minimal health care rates in internet, for example here - health-quotes.isgreat.org
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment