Friday, August 12, 2011

My dentist says I need a doctor to talk to about pain meds I'll need after recieving upper dentures?

I just lost my job last week. The first one I had with dental insurance for over 20 yrs. I was two weeks away from getting my upper denture( I've needed for years) and now I can only afford to keep my dental through COBRA but not the medical. My dentist says she needs to talk to my doctor about the pain medicine she should give me, but I cannot afford one. I called around and they want $175. - $200. just to do that. I've saved for two years just to get the $900.00 I needed for the dental work, but cant afford the doctor.
--------------------
I don't understand why you would need pain medication after receiving your upper denture. If it is done right, it shouldn't hurt much. Also, you are supposed to go back for adjustments once you receive the denture.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment