Friday, November 5, 2010

Can I have more than one dental insurance plan?

I currently pay right around $2/wk for dental insurance through my employer. It's an "okay" plan that covers the basics, but if you need heavy dental work done, it'll still wind up being very expensive. What I want to know is if I have one plan that covers 25% of a service, can I have two plans that cover a total of 50% of the service, or even four plans and be 100% covered? I need to have four molars "replaced" either via implant or bridge.
--------------------
Yes you can have two dental plans no problem. This would not be illegal. However, the insurance premium that you would pay for dental insurance is quite high and so you will have to calculate which is more cheaper - buying insurance or paying out of pocket to the dentist.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment