Wednesday, November 10, 2010

This morning a chunk of my back molar tooth fell off and I have no dental insurance.?

This morning a chunk of my back molar tooth fell off and I have no dental insurance. Is this now considered a "pre-existing condition" that wont be covered by most insurances. I am looking for a good cheap way to get this fixed, any feedback would be great!There is a "Comfort Dental" by my house would they fix my tooth if I picked up their "Gold" plan???
--------------------
Many dental plans have a waiting period for major dentistry and a crown is considered major dentistry. Ask before you sign up for any plan. sometimes it is less expensive to just pay for it out of pocket. Dental insurance does not deny benefits for something that is pre-existing except in the case of birth defects. The nurse is incorrect. A crown does not require a root canal, it is the other way around. If your tooth has broken deep enough, you may need a root canal. You may also need a crown build up. This is where very small pins are placed in a tooth and a filing material is used to build the tooth back up so that there is enough structure to place the crown on. The least expensive way to fix this for now is to have it extracted, but this will end up costing more in the long run. It will need to be replaced at some point and replacing a tooth is very costly. It is never a good idea to look for cheap dentistry. You get what you pay for. Most dentists take credit cards so you do have that option. Good Luck
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment