Wednesday, November 10, 2010

When do you start taking Dental / Vision insurance for kids ?

At what age do you include your kids in dental, vision insurance ? I have a 3 yr old. Isn't it too early for her dental cleanups ? For vision I understand she could develop difficulty in seeing anytime but can I take her to her PCP for that ?
--------------------
my 17 months old has been to the eye doctor to check for lazy eye and the insurance was helpful for sure. As for dental....you are already behind the curve. They want to start seeing babies at 12 months or with their first tooth. I just brought my daughter in to the dentist for the first time as an emergency when I noticed her tooth turning black (which I thought was from a falling injury but was really stained from iron supplements). If she would have needed a root canal plus other stuff it would have been thousands and I was thanking God she was on my dental insurance!! I wouldn't wait....
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment