Saturday, December 25, 2010

How much would dental insurance cost for a 26-year old single male?

I have never had any kind of insurance before, except car insurance. My parents always paid for doctor visits/etc. out of pocket because we were fairly well off, and they didn't think it was worth it, or something, I dunno. Anyway, I know nothing about insurance. I very rarely get sick, so I don't see any reason to get full health insurance, but I do want to get dental because they need cleaning and also the two wisdom teeth on top of my mouth have gotten bad because I can't reach them w/ a brush - they're almost completely pushed to the sides of my mouth out of alignment with the rest. I didn't realize they were that bad until I got a dental scaler/pick/mirror combo to try to clean a little myself and saw them. They probably just should be removed, which is why I'm looking at plans. Anyway, how does it work - I pay a price per month and they pay for the dental work, or what? Where is best place to go online for price? Thanks for constructive help.
--------------------
This really depends on what insurance company and through what plan, such as going through your work to get the coverage. On your own, it might be expensive, not even worth it. If you go through a work plan where the coverage gives you a discount, that might be better. Some health plans already cover dental. Try the links for quotes and comparisons. http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=health%… http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=dental%…
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment