Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dental Plans Are A Rip Off, What Say You.?

I had one and it was totally useless. Not dental Insurance. Dental Plans, Where you might pay $40.00 to $50.00 to start and then pay $15-$30 per month. I paid for over a year and I went to the dentist. I then called other dentist and told them that I had no insurance or plan and got prises $70-$100 lessthan my plan. What a rip off.
--------------------
I agree with "rip-off" statement. Most dental insurance plans were started in the late 50's early 60's. Many have had very few increases in benefit amounts but have multiple increases in premiums. Therefore, they seem to think that a $1000/yr benefit is appropriate, yet dental prices have risen every year and benefits have not. I really think that most plans are of very little value, the paperwork needed to file a claim is excessive and in the end not worth the premiums payed. Just as a reference a typical crown in the 60's may have been around $200, now expect to pay $700 to $1000 depending on your area. Really not worth the price! Dr. Dan
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment