Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I asked this question under "dental" but no answer...pain in old tooth extraction site?

I had an upper back molar extracted about 7 months ago and it was done by an oral surgeon because of long root into maxillary sinus cavity....well after the site has healed, it is starting to hurt, especially if I'm chewing something sharp. I can't chew on that side. I have to wait until after Jan. 1 to go to the dentist because my dental insurance is maxed out. Does anyone know what might be causing this pain?
--------------------
Since it was an oral surgeon who extracted the root, it should all be gone. Your pain might be because the area is still tender from healing. I had a root canal and a crown put in place of one of my upper molars. I swear I still had feeling in the site, but my dentist assured me that the oral surgeon got all of the root. They have a means of ensuring they leave nothing behind. It's not uncommon to have 'ghost' pain at the site of a removed tooth. Try the yahoo search below and you should find more information to help you. It might even save you that trip to the dentist, for follow up, due to pain you think you're experiencing.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment