Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What is the price range for Full Coverage Medical Insurance for a 63male-46female Couple?

My dad is 63 years old and has been working for $8.50/hour doing assembly work for the past 5 years. He has full coverage medical and dental benefits and this is what makes him so grateful to work there, however, he makes peanuts. I found him a better job, but there are no benefits. I am wondering if I can take on their medical insurance monthly costs so they dont even have to worry about it. Isnt there such a thing as a family package? I am 21 years old. I have no idea how much it might cost to pay for their medical insurance since this new job wouldnt provide that. My father is EXTREMELY healthy, and has a perfect bill of health, but is considered old.. Any ideas?
--------------------
Tell your father not to quit his job with benefits!!! Health insurance is completely outrageous, especially at his age (even if he has perfect health). Since you are not a minor, you would not be able to get a family plan. It would probably be an individual plan for yourself, and one for your parents. I am not an insurance agent, so it's best to get a quote from one, but I can tell you it's going to be at least $200. a month for each of you, and that doesn't include dental. That's also assuming a VERY high deductible.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment