Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Is it legal to use two types of insurance?

I'm an 18yr old college student and i'm being offered insurance at my new job, and i have insurance from my dad. Both of the dental plans pay 50% of the total cost. If i get the insurance at my job, could I use both and get 100% of the costs paid?
--------------------
Coordination of benefits between 2 policies don't work that way. Usually, if there are two, if one pays 50% and the other pays 50%, you would only get a total benefit of 50%. They will only pick up a balance up to the maximum benefit that one would have paid. If one had an 80% benefit, then one would pay 50% and the other would pay an additional 30% to make up what they normally would have paid if there were only one policy.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment