Sunday, March 13, 2011

Any idea about Health Insurance helping pay?

I have suffered from extremely bad headaches for years. Also, at times I have bad earaches too. My teeth I have been told are most of the cause. I visited the dentist to check out getting Invisalign (braces are not an option, I'm 20, not having them in college!) and the price as expected was high. My parents nor I was approved for financing. But, they do have health and dental insurance. Does anyone have any idea, that if I have written consent from my doctor that I need this and it will help me, that my insurance may help in paying?
--------------------
Invisalign is not covered by ins. I have many friends that used it, and they all had to pay out of pocket. it's considered "cosmetic"...but i do know that some medical health ins. plans will cover some dental work...they consider it preventive care. I know for example Cigna Health care (medical plan) will play for @ least a cleaning. All i can say it depends on your insurance plan. Call them up, and tell them that u have the letter from you dentist and that it's causing medical issues and see what they say. Now-a-days insurance plans are so strict though...good luck. Hope it will work out for you
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment