Sunday, March 13, 2011

Im not sure what to do? Dental help!?

So I have this huge black cavity hole on one of my molars along with little black dots on the top of my molar and last night, I felt the first nasty pain of a toothache. I know I should have gone to the dentist a long time ago but I AM going soon. In 2 weeks because my dental insurance will finally kick in then! In the meantime, what should I do and NOT do to keep this toothache from happening/going away? Last night, I brushed my teeth about 5 times and used Listerine to wash out the toothache. It helped a LITTLE but barely! Please advise me! I don't want to starve myself because im too scared eating will only worsen it =(
--------------------
You can try taking pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen to take away the ache. Brush after you eat. EVERY TIME. Stay away from products high in sugar. Not only is this food for the bacteria that leaves their waste product, plaque, in your mouth, it will also cause a rise in acidity which will weaken the enamel. Also, I've seen several people in need of root canals stating that their teeth hurt when they eat sugary foods. My best advice, though, is just to go into the dental office and let them know your insurance situation. Depending on the office, they may cut you a break on the cost when you tell them your insurance hasn't gone into effect.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment