Thursday, March 17, 2011

Are Dental Bridges bad?

I am 22 years old and am getting my braces removed in two weeks. I have a missing tooth on my upper left jaw in the front between my front tooth and canine tooth(not good with dental terminology), and I was instructed that i needed either a bridge or implant. I have opted to go with a bridge because my dental insurance covers it and i dont have money to get an implant. However when i went to see my dentist who specailizes in cosmetic dentistry, I was told that it was a VERY BAD idea to get a bridge and that I should invest the 4000+ dollars to get an implant. Im scared of getting an implant because of the surgery and healing process as well as the financial burden it will impose on me(im in grad school). Do bridges look fake, and do they damage your teeth badly? If anyone with(or has had) a bridge can respond that would be great. Thanks
--------------------
Bridges are considered legitimate restorations and for the longest time have been one of the few options for replaicn missing teeth, partial being the other alternative. I am big skeptical if your doc said they are very bad, since they are considered legitimate restoration by all state boards and the american dental resotration. My point is I think hes trying to sell you an implant. Implants are a nic eoption but the VERY BAD! statement bugs me. Also you shouyld not let the insurance dictate the treatment, bc if you go with a bridge the insurance cover they are going to down grade it to base metal which can corrde and leave a purple mark on you gum line, so pay a little extra and ask for a bridge with nobel metal (gold for the core) I would seek a second consult efore proceeding with this dentist bc like i said the "its very bad bugs" Dentist like that are putting money ahead of the patients well being, and basically lieing to you. Had he given you the options and explainto you that there are several alternatives than I would have understood, but that was not the case here.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment