Saturday, March 5, 2011

Are you responsible to pay for a procedure that your dentist said was covered and it turns out its not?

After presenting my dentist with my new insurance, they told me I was covered to have my exam and proceed to the exam room. About a half hour after leaving the office, the dentist office called and said they do not accept my type of dental insurance....am I responsible for this bill?
--------------------
Yes, you are responsible for the charges. But, ask the office for a "generic" claim form print-out. YOU can still file with your insurance for the amount. The Dentist you saw may not be a provider for your plan, but YOU can still file a claim. Contact your insurance company and ask for instructions for filing a claim. Dr. Dan
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment