Saturday, March 5, 2011

how to convince parents to get me and my sister braces?

me and my sister have like gapped teeth and they're also a little crooked, it's not extremely bad, but we hate our teeth. the orthodontist said that I would have to wear mines for like a year and 2 months. we don't have have dental insurance either, so how do I convince them?
--------------------
Is it only a money issue? Or do they think you don't need them? If it's a money issue, that's a tough one. Many orthodontists offer payment plans. Where you pay something per month. Maybe they could afford that. Or, tell them you'd be willing to pay them back. Make it like a loan from your parents. Because if you can get braces for a year and have straight teeth the rest of your life, it's worth it. Try and convince them of that. Look at it like an investment. It makes you feel better and does help in the real world when you're looking for a job. If you have that nice pretty smile, it helps.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment