Saturday, March 5, 2011

I was fired from my 9 year old job, now I don't have any kind of insurance, Do I qualify for medicare insuranc?

I'm a 54 year old US citizen and when I lost my job my group medical insurance stopped, for some reason, I was disqualified for COBRA with the government subsidy program. Now I am totally left out.... no medical, health, dental and vision insurances at all. Can I apply for medical insurance, how much will it cost me monthly, how and where will I apply?
--------------------
COBRA isn't a government subsidy program. It's a law that forces employers to allow terminated employees to pay for their own insurance at group rates. The only exceptions are termination for cause (provided you are insured at termination) or if the company no longer has group insurance. Medicare is for disabled and older Americans (65 or over.) You can go to an insurance company and purchase a private plan; e.g., Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment