Sunday, March 20, 2011

If my dental filling fell out, do I need to be concerned for my internal health?

Today, my stainless steel crown covering a filling that was done over 10 years ago was pulled off by a taffy piece of candy. I won't be able to see a dentist until I can get my insurance figured out, which could take WEEKS. Because of the exposure of the inner filling "stuff," do I need to worry about getting sick?
--------------------
Yes - infection can set in. It also exposes the tooth to further damage causing possible loss. While what the first responder said is true, that should only be a temporary fix. Dental diseases can lead to other health problems if left unchecked. Go to your dentist and get it fixed - fairly simple procedure to replace a filling and not that expensive. However, the longer you wait the more difficult and expensive it becomes (fractured tooth, root canal, etc) to fix.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment