Friday, April 1, 2011

I need free dental work can you please help?

I am 26 years old and I have medical insurance that I pay out of my own pocket, I have a job but make very little money. I have 5 broken teeth, alot of cavities and I have a partial that leaves blisters on the roof of my mouth. I need a lot of work done and I need to get a bridge.. Is there anyone or anyplace that will be able to help me in the state of Alabama... If not I will do the best I can to travel..
--------------------
Contact your local or state dental association and and see if there are any dentists who provide free or reduced cost care for low-income, disabled or senior patients. Call your local health department and ask about health centers that provide dental care for free or on a sliding scale. Your local United Way may also be aware of such a clinic. In some areas, you can reach them now by dialing 2-1-1 for "non-emergency information." Go to a dental school, if there is one near you, for reduced costs. Check http://www.toothwoman.net to see if low-cost or free dental services are available near you. Check http://bphc.hrsa.gov and choose "Find a Health Center" to see if there is a low-cost clinic near you. Check http://www.nfdh.org/DDS.html to see if your state has a "Donated Dental Services" program. D.D.S. is designed to locate dentists who will give free care to patients who are financially compromised due to medical problems. This is a process that will take a couple of months to get your information and then arrange for someone to see you. Not all states have D.D.S. programs. I personally offer free care or reduced fee care or "overlook the bill" care when I know the exact circumstances of a person's financial position. If they have had a medical hardship, for instance, I am sympathetic. You can't come in just looking for free care, though. You have to come in with the intentions of doing the best you can and then I decide exactly how I am going to handle the financial aspect. I can usually tell who is actually trying to pay and who simply wants to skip out on me. I do not usually consider smokers to be in financial need, though. If they can find a couple thousand dollars a year for cigarettes, they could find the same amount of money and fix almost any dental problem. Maybe you can find a local dentist who has the same attitude.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment