Friday, April 1, 2011

Should i have my tooth pulled?

I am thirty two with no dental insurance.I am totally in debt already and it will cost me more than a grand to do a root canal and have a crown.This is to save a molar #30.I have spent thousands on partials crowns etc already over the past several years.I feel like a total sucker...Any suggestions ?
--------------------
If you are wearing an existing lower partial to replace other missing teeth, you can have #30 taken out and have that "fake" tooth added to the partial. There is a lab fee for it, but the total price would come out cheaper than trying to save the tooth. But if you dont have a lower partial, but do want to save the tooth, work with the office come up with a payment plan or a way to apply with an outside finance company to pay for dental treatment. Dont feel like a sucker! it is understandable to be worried about such things. Every day i witness patients having to make decisions like this. Hopefully you are able to work something out. I would advocate saving the tooth, but i know that that cant always happen because of money issues. Good luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment