Friday, April 1, 2011

Severe Dental Pain?

I'm having very intense pain in one of my top wisdom teeth. The other was infected as well, but the pain has gone away. The gums on both sides are quite swollen. The pain in the right side of my face has spread into my jaw and even my ear. I've been taking otc pain relievers, and they dull the pain for a while. It's rarely entirely gone. The past week, the pain has been horrendous. Anyway, I know everyone is going to say 'see a dentist'. I know I need to. I'm going to try to make an appointment later this week. I have to wait until my boyfriend gets his paycheck before I can see one, as I don't have dental insurance. The pain relievers are helping less and less with time; the pain is just getting worse. I don't know how much longer I can handle it. It's hard to eat, hard to talk sometimes. Sometimes I have problems breathing, but I also have very bad anxiety so I don't know what to think about that. Should I go to the ER? Would they think I'm a joke? I don't know what to do.
--------------------
Going to the ER would cost you more than a dentist. Maybe you should try calling around to every dentist in town, to see if they will either work out a payment schedule for you or maybe except a post dated check. Dental pain is horrible and otc medication won't do much to help.Best of luck to you.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment