Thursday, May 26, 2011

Car rental insurance included on a credit card?

I've seen similar questions on here but am still confused. I called Visa and they said that my Visa Gold card has CDW insurance on it, but I should ask to purchase the third party liability insurance from Enterprise. I called Enterprise and they said that they only offer CDW and some kind of "medical/dental/stolen items from within the car" insurance. They said they own their own cars so I don't need 3rd party liability, and I'd be fully covered if I just use the Gold Visa CDW. (Btw, I don't have my own car or any separate car insurance). So am I okay to just go with the Gold Visa CDW? Or does that sound funny to you too?
--------------------
Answer from a General Insurance Agent CDW = Collision Damage Waiver. It only covers damage to the vehicle being rented. No "Liability Insurance", which the law requires is afforded by CDW. Take care
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment