Thursday, May 26, 2011

I have health insurance... but...?

I STILL can't afford to see a doctor. I went to my family doctor back in September because I knew I had a sinus infection. As per usual, I was told that no - I, in fact, did not have one. Went back the very next day feeling worse. Voila! I do have a sinus infection! Now I'm $209 in debt. Great. I can't pay that. My insurance plan has a $2500 deductible. I can't pay that. Ever. I make less than $10,000 a year after taxes. So, my insurance is utterly useless unless I land in the hospital. I also can't find an affordable clinic (and I mean under $50) to visit.... and now I fear that I have a UTI, which is something I must see a doctor to get taken care of. Where do I go? What do I do? Is there cheaper insurance out there with Rx coverage and dental coverage? I currently pay a little over $100 a month with the aforementioned $2500 deductible. Is there a clinic in SE MI that I can afford that will see me with less than a 5 hour wait? Or less than a 5 month waiting list for an appointment? I mean... Seriously... WTF do I do? I'm pulling my hair out just trying to see a doctor to get some antibiotics.
--------------------
And they keep telling us we have the best health care in the world?!? Check with your local social services department. They may be able to direct you to locally funded clinics.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment