Sunday, May 22, 2011

Has anyone tried the Viazi Fast Braces?

I had traditional braces about a year ago and had them removed early against doctors orders. I'm 24 but I look 16 so the traditional braces made me look very juvenile. I was supposed to have them for 3 years. I already know about inviaglign but my dental insurance won't cover it. The fast braces claim to be a lot cheaper than traditional. I don't want to have to pay a lot out of pocket. And most of all Do They Work? If anyone has had them or any dentist with any knowledge of them could help me it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
--------------------
I am an orthodontist and I have never heard of this (already a bad sign). It is probably either some type of a surgical procedure or a system that uses increased forces or more frequent activations. It doesn't really matter what it is, because there is no safe way to speed up the process of orthodontics. Orthodontic tooth movement is a physiological process that occurs naturally at a slow rate (0.5 - 1mm / per month on average)* - anything trying to take a "shortcut" is unsafe, a scam, or both - do not do this or you will regret it.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment