Sunday, May 22, 2011

How much is your fertility drugs/ fertility consultant fees from Kaiser Permanante?

I have insurance threw Kaiser and have the 2,700 deductable plan. I pay 109 every month for health and dental. I was wondering if anyone else has the same plan and is currently going through fertility treatment and how much they are paying. I will be seeking fertility treatment soon and would like to know the cost ahead of time. Thanks!
--------------------
Wow you must have Kaiser through your work? I have Kaiser through an "individual" rather than "work" plan and they told me they don't cover fertility treatments in their individual plans. =( So I pay out of pocket. Meds for one month = $500, ultrasounds $150, insemination $300. Your cost will obviously be less since they are covering you. Invitro is in the thousands, but we haven't gotten there yet. EDIT -- I forgot to say that because they did not cover infertility treatments in the "individual plan," they refused to let me use their infertility services even though I was willing to pay them out of pocket -- some liability issue or something. Their infertility services are only for people that are covered by the infertility insurance. So I had to go out of the Kaiser system for my infertility treatments. I live in Los Angeles if that makes any difference -- maybe Kaiser is different where you live.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment