Sunday, May 22, 2011

Need advice on chipped teeth?

I have 2 front teeth that are chipped: one badly chipped tooth that I've always wanted to fix, and another recently chipped one that's not horrible but kinda ruins the smile. I would imagine dental insurance won't cover for a veneer because it's just cosmetic. How about a crown? Which do you recommend? Any other suggestions? I've heard about porcelain crowns, how natural looking are they? and how much? If you could give me some pros & cons for each option with the price, that would be great. Thank you in Advance.
--------------------
Unless necessary your insurance won't pay for a crown. They tooth needs to be drastically reduced to fit the crown on. You're basically ruining a perfectly healthy tooth for cosmetic reasons. Porcelain veneers would be the way to go. See if your dentist would let you finance it. CareCredit is usually good about extending credit for dental work. It's what my office uses.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment