Sunday, May 22, 2011

what's the cost of pulling out a tooth?

i have this big tooth right smack behind my top back molars. it's been bugging me for the last few years now but i haven't gotten the chance to go to a dentist to check it out. i've had this tooth ever since childhood. i could've had it taken out but i was too afraid of the pain then. now as i'm getting older it's been bothering me and i want it pulled out. i'll be recieving dental insurance through my work place and i want to know how much this will cost. this is the first thing i want to fix before everything else. can anyone one tell me the cost of this?
--------------------
First of all I would think it depends on where you live. Second, just call around and ask the price. Be sure and tell them you don't have insurance. Some places do charge more when they know you have insurance. I had a wisdom tooth pulled about a year ago. He charged me $269.00 I about had a heart attack. Somebody told me to call around and ask. I got my second wisdom tooth pulled for $125.00 I don't know if wisdom teeth are harder to pull and cost more, but my last tooth was just pulled last March. $125 is still outrageous for 2 minutes work.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment