Sunday, May 22, 2011

Need to do root canal. Dont have the money. What are my options?

I am having pain in one of my tooth and need to get root canal done which will cost something like $700. I don't have that much money.... I am an international student at a US university and only have basic health insurance from my university. My insurance does not cover dental charges Are there any options for me! Where could I go for help…?
--------------------
If your university happens to have a dental program, I'd make an appointment in their clinic and see how much it would cost there. They are generally MUCH cheaper than a normal dentist. Better yet, if you have a friend in the program, and they need someone to bring to class and practice on, volunteer! It's usually free. And the students are well trained before hand and have a seasoned dentist supervising them, so don't be worried that they'll accidently fix the wrong tooth or anything. And students are often much more attentive than actual dentists, as they're being graded for their work. FYI, the same goes across the board, dental hygenist students, cosmetologist students, all do a better job in school than the liscensed pros do in real life.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment