Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Anyone ever had a Dental Abscess before?

I had a wisdom tooth pulled out about a month ago....after all the pain and swelling went away I got a dental abcess (or at least thats what the dr. told me I had) I had to go to the ER with excrutiating pain, unable to open my mouth, felt like my throat was swelling, pain by my ear, under my tongue and jaw. Anyone experience this before? I was told I would need to drain my abscess....how long is the recovery time for this? I am in the process of switching dentists, I have had bad experiences with my dentist & my insurance is taking its sweet time to let me see another one. Serious answers only please, thank you!
--------------------
Unfortunately yes. When I was 16 I became very sick when I had all of my wisdom teeth surgically removed. Around my wisdom teeth where abscess filled with bacteria. It was very painful and I looked like a chipmunk for about 2 weeks due to all the swelling. I had to take antibiotic the whole time. It was Not fun. Yes they did drain and remove the abscess(s) at the time they removed my teeth. If you have had negative experiences from your current dentist, talk to him/her, and if nothing comes of that then really push your insurance company. You have the right to see a new and hopefully better dentist. Good Luck and take care of yourself!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment