Monday, June 27, 2011

Pet Insurance Selection Help?

Hi, I recently brought my 7 year old female chihuahua home and now I am shopping around for insurance. For those of you with "older" dogs, which provider and plan do you recommend? My dog is in great health (albeit, she can stand to lose a pound). I think I am leaning towards getting her VPI Superior Plan with Well Care Premier. It includes everything from her getting hit by a car and broken bones, to developing cancer, to the basics (like dental cleaning and vaccinations). It seems like a good idea to get all of this but for the dental cleaning and vaccinations, do you think I am just better off paying out of pocket for those procedures (I've never had a dog before so I would not know)? Does she even need dental cleaning if I scrap her teeth myself?
--------------------
I use VPI for my dog. My husky is 6 years old and my pitbull/bull mastiff mix is 3. www.petinsurance.com I did about a whole year of research and found them to be the best. they are one of the only insurances that do exstensive cancer care. meaning after the regular 6 month coverage if you have the exstensive cancer care package ( only a few dollars extra month) they will help take care of it for the remaining life of the dog with up to i believe 15000 in cancer treatment. THere in only a 1 time 50 dollar deductible per incident so if you have to go back for the same incident once you only have to pay th 50 one time. and they give you back 90%. THey give you a quote and everything. they even have discounts for any additional pets. they also are the only pet insurance I know about that cover exotic pets like rabbits birds lizards and theyre service is international. As well as you choose your vet they dont have certain places. of course there are some rules no hereditary or pre exsisting illnesses but if your dog is healthy like you said there should be no prolem. and they are really inexspnsive.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment