Sunday, July 31, 2011

How should I manage my money?

Ok. So currently I work at Macy's for $7.25 for 8 hours every saturday (in summer I worked 30 h per week). I go to full-time college studying enlglish for foreigners (non-degree program). I will have this until nov 17. I will have 1 month gap before I enroll in regular -degree computer science program. I have balance on my checking account only $1616 left. Now I have obligation to pay $418 on credit card (more than half balance for school supplies and little dining on, transportation). What bothers me a lot is that I do not have healh insurance. I would like to buy it. There is a temporary insurance from Blue Cross Blue Shield for $255 for 6 months - $1500 deductible, $1000 out of pocket limit, 20 % coins. hospitl admision $85. dental discount plan would be included and I do not have this but soon I have to go to dentist to clean my teeth from cavity on 10/20. I calculated if I spent for insurance I will have only $943 left. with no insurance $1198. are the money worth spending for BC?
--------------------
Packing a lunch can certainly be nutritional. Just pack two sandwiches if necessary. As long as you are filling yourself up, and as long as it's not junk food and contains different food groups, it's nutritional. You could cut your lunch bills in half by packing lunches every day. Trust me, I've done it and done the number crunching. I used to spend $5 on union lunches, then switched to lunches consisting of a sandwich or two, an apple, and a soda. Never buy stuff from vending machines at school. You can buy snacks and sodas in bulk for like a third of the price, then just keep stuff in your backpack for when you get hungry. If you have the time, you should shoot for more like 3 or 4 work days a week, but only if you can maintain your grades while working. As for the health insurance, many colleges offer discounted health insurance through the school, so you should look into that to see if it's a better deal than the Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment