Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Medical Bill?

I went to a dentist and had some routine fillings done. I accidentally gave them my medical card who of course didnt pay anything. I moved and changed my phone number in August thinking that because i paid the other bills they had sent in April. I call to have my teeth cleaned and they say they can't becase they sent the bill to collections last month. I had dental insurance at the time so they submitted the claim, but is there any way I can change this for my credit report, although I was in error?
--------------------
First try to dispute it with your insurance company. If you pay this bill to the collections agency first. It might be hard to have this taken off your credit report when it shows as paid and it may also be hard to get a refund. If you do get this corrected just send any paper that you get from your insurance company to the credit bureaus and ask them to delete this off your credit report.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment