Monday, July 4, 2011

Should I keep my old dental crowns?????

Ok simple question......here's what happened. A few months ago I had two front crowns over my two front teeth, which were shaved down to fit the crowns. Well like a dummy, I tried to open a bag of frozen fish with my hand and when that didn't work I used my teeth to open it and RIP!!!!!!! My crowns (along with my remaining teeth) were ripped out and I only had nubs remaining of my old teeth, which had to be removed (since there wasn't enough room obviously to put crowns back) I currently wear a dental flipper and the only options (so i've been told) is to get a post partial denture, a bridge, or implants. With the post partial I can eat but I don't like the idea of removable dentures. The bridge is what I want but it costs so much, even with insurance and the implants are just out of this world expensive. I still have my old crowns and was just wondering if I should keep them in case there's a procedure I don't know about where I can use the old crowns to somehow attach to the upper gums where it can at least be cheaper. If you know of anything like this please advise. (I miss my teeth so much)
--------------------
You were given all of the options, implants being the best and the removable partials the worst. Your old crowns are unusable for anything except the value of any gold they may contain. They will never be placed back into your mouth. Good luck on your decision.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment