Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Would the University of Texas at Houston Dental school be good for getting this procedure?

I have never been to the dentist and I am 16. I need braces,x-rays,cleanings, probably cavity fillings and some crowns. Is this a good school to have it done at? I will be paying for it by myself.I don't have insurance and I work for 15hours a week at 7$ an hour so I don't have that much to spend. My dad is a single parent of two and he makes 10 and hour. So 3 people living on 1680 a month is really hard and my sister needs dental work too. Is this place a reliable places to have the above mentioned done? I have heard some horror stories about the students there messing up people's teeth and I really don't want that to happen to me. oh, and i'm dead scared of the dentist...go figure! do you guys have any tips on not being scared?
--------------------
Hello...OK first and foremost...there will be no pain....You may feel a bit of pressure but with the anesthetics they have and the kind of needles they use you shouldn't feel anything but a little pressure...NOW, yes the Dental School would be a great place to go. They provide a wide variety of dental services and the fee will be between FREE and very low depending on your financial status...Now...it is very rare for an "Out Patient Clinic" to provide braces...braces are considered strictly a cosmetic procedure in most cases. Also dental students do not get a great deal of training with regard to Orthodontics while in regular dental school...If they want to be an Orthodontist they complete dental school and the go back and take specialty courses..However, if the training supervising professor thinks you would make a good teaching tool he or she may provide the realignment services you need as a teaching tool...Good luck and I wish you well. The Denture Pro.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment