Saturday, May 28, 2011

Can my company force me to enroll in their free dental plan?

I declined all health care and dental coverage through my employer when we had open enrollment. I just found out that they enrolled me in the dental plan anyways. The plan is free but I still don't want it since I'm covered under my husbands dental plan that is so much better! I don't want my employers plan! I found out that my employer gets a discount if they enroll al their employees. I contacted the HR department and told them to cancel my coverage but they said they won't do it. I'm stuck now. Can they force me to keep the dental coverage? I don't want this crappy insurance to be my primary insurance (even if it is for free) if I can have a so much better dental plan, especially since I specifically declined the coverage Please help! Thank you
--------------------
Yes, they can. As long as they pay 100%, they can make you enroll. And it doesn't really matter much, because you can have your dentist submit the bill to BOTH companies. *cain has no idea what he is saying - your husband's policy IS secondary to your own. Automatically.*
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment