Saturday, May 28, 2011

Is deep cleaning worth the hefty price tag?

My dentist measured the distance btw gum and teeth and said that some are 3 and 4mm. The dental office is sending the results to my insurance company for authorization before doing a deep cleaning. Do you think deep cleaning is worth the hefty price (it'll be $400 deductible)? Can just flossing and regular brushing remove build up plaque? I'm 25 years old and haven't been to a dentist in years.
--------------------
My deep cleaning was definitely worth the high cost. I had to have both top and bottom done. My 4's, 5's, and 6's were down to 1's, 2's, and 3's at my next 3 month visit. If you have plaque buildup serious enough for deep cleaning, it needs to be flaked off of your teeth. It's far gone enough that simple floss won't remove it. You could probably remove the stuff above the gum line with a store bought pick/scraper, but anything below the gum line is gonna bleed and hurt w/o the anesthetic they use at the dentist's office. After you get the deep cleaning, you can keep from needing another one with flossing/brushing.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment