Saturday, May 28, 2011

What can I do to help my TMJ?

I don't have dental insurance. I won't for a while. What can I do to help keep my mouth.. you know.. sitting the way its supposed to..
--------------------
My dentist thought that getting my wisdom teeth out may help with some of my TMJ symptoms. Got them out and things seem a little bit better. Don't really even know if the two problems are related, but my dentist seems to think so. But, if you don't have insurance, it might be a moot point, getting wisdom teeth out will run at least $500-$1,000. However, you might want to check into enrolling in a test subject clinic or whatever they are called, we have those here in my state for wisdom teeth removal, the surgery is free and they pay you for your time and travel. My mother also has TMJ and finds that using a mouth guard at night helps with the jaw pain, she clenches her teeth and jaw at night and the guard makes a huge difference. Hope this helps! TMJ sucks!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment