Sunday, May 8, 2011

How Do I Get My 15 yr old to Floss?

I want my daughter to floss - she brushes but doesn't take care of her gums. She is showing signs of gingivitis and both the dentist and myself nag at her about flossing. We've shown her pictures of the results of no flossing, but nothing seems to get through. I've explained that dental treatment is very expensive and in a few years when she's too old to be on my insurance plan she'll regret it. She'll be very, very poor or very, very toothless. Her teeth are a bit crooked and could use braces, but the dentist won't put them on her until her gums clear up and she flosses on a regular basis. I'm at my wits end. Suggestions?
--------------------
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/black-h… Will this picture help? If not, treat it as a chore. If you child does not listen to you or clean her room what provisons are taken away? No TV? No cell phone? Use the same method. I have seen many parents spending thousands of dollars on their children, pleas do not let that be you. Take the upper hand and do not let her control you.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment