Sunday, May 8, 2011

I'm unemployed and need medical insurance. What can I do?

For about two years now, I've been living without medical, dental, or any other insurance. Once I sign up for it, I get laid off the next day. You know how the economy is nowadays. My question is... if I've been laid off and out of work, can I get any kind of medical insurance? I've been waiting and waiting. I need medicine for my current skin condition. I've been from job to job getting laid off.
--------------------
You can get medical insurance free from your state's Board of Social Services. I lost my job in April and my entire family receives free HMO right now - no copays on anything, free prescriptions, free labratory tests and xrays, free dental, free eye glass visits, etc. It's a sweet deal. It's better health insurance than I had with Aetna when I was working. WAY BETTER. I am currently collecting unemployment and I still get the free health insurance. Contact your state's BOS and find out if you can apply on their website or if you need to go in person.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment