Sunday, May 8, 2011

insurance california?

hi I'm an international student who goes to college in Iowa. I have a college insurance and I guess it convers most of meetings with doctors. Now, I'm taking 3 months-summer session at University of California. I think I 've heard some stuff that I need to have "Californian" insurance to stay here. What is this? Is it wrong? Plus, my wisdom teeth is coming out recently. It starts to hurt. Does insurance in America covers dental work?
--------------------
You should check your student plan.. have your adviser go over it with you. Usually the insurance is paid for annually. if you go "off campus" for additional studies the coverage should follow you. BUT the student policies are very different depending on what company is writing the coverage. Dental coverage is not usually covered unless you had that added and pay additional for that policy, it's a separate coverage. If you're going to be in California, check with a company called SmileSavers. They have a monthly premium, the coverage goes into effect immediately (it did when I had it) and the coverage was pretty good. make sure you check to see if the coverage will still be good when you go to Iowa.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment