Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Are Active Duty soldiers covered with Dental insurance?

I know they get health insurance through Tricare, but how does Dental work? Also, are you eligible for using the health & dental care after you enlist, or after you've started Basic Training? I've been having tooth pain, and I was wondering whether it's worth it just to wait until I've been enlisted (I'm in the process of enlisting anyway) to see a dentist. Otherwise, I could ask dad to pay out-of-pocket but it wouldn't be cheap. One other question - does military Dental also cover endodontist treatment (such as root canals)?
--------------------
yes but only once you have shipped to basic training, not while in DEP. they will only take care of medically necessary stuff, so cosmetic braces are NOT covered ( or even permitted if you pay for them yourself in many circumstances.. you must be non deployable the entire time they are suppsoed to be on.. so only very long schools usually) in any event.. have it looked at anyway. the tooth pain cause may Disqualify you from enlisting until it has been taken care of.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment