Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Are braces appropriate at age 51?

I had 2 lower teeth extracted when I was 14. My parents did not take me back for more dental work. One tooth was on the left and the other on the right. When I was 28 I had a bridge placed on the lower left but not on the right. Now all my bottom teeth have shifted and the spot of the missing tooth touching the teeth beside each. I went to the dentist for my 6 month checkup and they referred me to an orthodontist. Am I to old for wishful thinking that my teeth can look better? My self esteem is so low because of my teeth. Also, I have a fairly good dental insurance 1250 a year, but not sure if they will cover this. any suggestions?
--------------------
Go ahead and get the braces. I'm 47 years old and I'm thinking about braces too. My orthodontist said that almost 30% of his patients are adults. I have my records appointment next week, for x-rays, molds, etc and then he will let me know what his plan is for me. Be glad that you have insurance. I don't have dental insurance and the braces are going to be $5,000.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment