Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Is it possible to have more than one dental insurance?

On November 1, I'll be enrolled in the dental insurance offered by my husband's employer. I have to have several thousand dollars' worth of work done on my teeth. Is it possible (legal??) to get my own individual coverage in addition to what his employer offers? If so, how does that work? For example, suppose I have a tooth extracted and my husband's insurance company says that my portion out of pocket is $50, but I have this additional insurance plan. Will the second insurance company pick up the tab for that $50, or will I still have to pay out of pocket? How does it work?
--------------------
Yes, it is possible - but like health insurance, the benefits are not additive. One insurance will be primary payer and the other will be secondary. Google "coordination of benefits."
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment