Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Can I legally force my ex to stop providing health insurance for my child?

When we separated, my ex was ordered by the courts to provide health insurance for my daughter (now 14). However, his health insurance has changed and for the past year my daughter has had really terrible insurance that does not cover anything dental and pretty much anything more than a yearly physical. We recently found out that my daughter has a small hole in her heart and is going to need surgery soon to close/fix it. My insurance will cover pretty much EVERYTHING that will be billed and it also includes dental! My ex refuses to give up the fact that he has her covered and will not just adjust the court order so that he doesn't have to have it for her. I have explained to him that it will save him money and that she is in desperate need of dental exams and a visit to the orthodontist. Is there any way I can legally force him to give this up? I feel that this is neglect because my daughter cannot get the health care that she needs because I can't afford what his insurance will not cover! I am not sure who I should approach about this problem. Should I just contact a lawyer?
--------------------
contact a lawyer and settle things in court with this insurance issue
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment