Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cost of Dental Work; Is This a Ripoff?

Today I went to a dentist I found on a list of providers from my insurance carrier because I felt as though I had broken a tooth and I also know that I need work done. The dentist told me that although I have beautiful teeth, I need extensive work and would need to be referred to her associates who are not in my plan (endo and perio doctors) for some perio work and several root canals and crowns I would need. I asked for a ball park figure of what this would cost as I was prepared to pay it. She said with the insurance coverage (which she first said that my insurance company may or may not pay), it would cost close to $4,000.00. After a small gasp, I said "ok". I was then given a dental plan, which looked extremely extensive (19 entries listed) with a total cost of $5,800.00 at the bottom of the list a place and a place for my signature as "Authorizing Services". Then, I found out that this did not even include the perio surgery. Am I being ripped off?
--------------------
Dental work is really expensive I'm having 2 front teeth implants & that is costing me £3,500 plus I've already paid £200 for takig the fractured teeth out & false ones for now so grand total £3,700 thats £s not $s
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment